The simple things can add up to the most magnificent results.
I can confidently say that two goals that I have every single day are to feel happy and energized.
I literally think about what I can do and what I can eat in a day to keep my energy levels up.
I am a busy girl and I am guessing you are too!
I am working a demanding corporate job for which I was recently promoted. I also run a wellness business on the side and practice my own health and wellness routines on a daily basis. It makes for a busy (wonderful) day — I wouldn’t get as much done if I wasn’t being proactive about my energy levels.
I don’t feel energized every single day — shit happens. I am ok with that because I know that on a day when I feel low, it means I need to take care of myself and nurture my body and soul.
To give myself the best shot at feeling great mentally and physically, I follow some or all of these tips on a daily basis:
- Drink a big glass of water first thing in the morning (sometimes I add fresh lemon juice)
- Eat for energy: low sugar and high in nutrients foods (nix the processed and fried foods)
- Take a walk before work on your lunch break (sometimes after work too)
- Practicing deep breathing exercises for a few minutes each day (a beautiful way to fall asleep)
- Incorporate a few minutes of stretching or yoga into my daily routine (might save you from back pain)
- Eat a piece of fruit or veggie as a mid-morning snack (or throw them into a smoothie)
- Setting aside time (even just 5 minutes) to do something you enjoy. This is HUGE
- Prioritize getting 7–8 hours of sleep per night — so important for my energy levels
- Using positive affirmations — write them down and look at them throughout the day
- Practicing mindfulness or meditation for a few minutes each day
What would you add to this list? Reply in the comments and we can start a conversation!
Read more on getting healthier + happier!
Words of Wellness: 30 Powerful Health Affirmations to Write, Believe, and Manifest
30 Questions That Will Challenge You to Become Your Healthiest Self Yet
Happy Habits: How a Simple Daily Practice Can Bring More Joy to Your Life